From: "Wade Lewis" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:10 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Mercury master tapes for the Opera recordings

I wonder where the Mercury recorded masters are for the Callas Medea,
Scotto-diStefano Lucia, Rossini Cambiale di Matrimonio, Pergolesi Serva
Padrona and Bastianini-Scotto-Kraus Rigoletto.  Why can't we get reasonable
transfers of these recordings rather than echo-ridden copies from some tape
transferred  by Ricordi?  The sound characteristics of the LPs is totally
different and better from those LPs than of any CD issue I have heard.  It's
a shame.