Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Treemonisha 1972 at Carbondale squeaks
From: Dennis Rooney <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, August 14, 2012 10:58 am
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Rainer,

Shamrock tape from that period is almost certainly not subject to binder
hydrolysis; however, the squealing or squeaking (both appropriate) you
are
experiencing may be due to mis-slittling. Shamrock always sheds oxide,
so
stopping at intervals to clean it should be the only interruption to
making
ana/d transfer into a digital editor and then stringing it together the
transfer. One man's opinion, anyway. Good luck,

Ciao,

DDR

--
Dennis D. Rooney