Whoops, I should have read more closely.  I do agree it sounds like a clocking issue.

Jeff Carroll, Mastering Engineer
Bluefield Mastering Inc. - Raleigh, NC USA
http://www.BluefieldMastering.com
Phone 919.859.0102

On Aug 28, 2012, at 10:51 AM, Jeff Carroll /Bluefield Mastering wrote:

Hi Brian,

If you monitor directly from the DAT machine, what do the DATs sound like?  Still glitchy?  If so, do other DATs from outside this group also playback with errors or are they fine?  You need to determine whether the errors are happening at the source or in the capture.