-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Cinerama Screenings (was archiving slide-tape
shows, was voca-film technology)
From: Roderic G Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, August 07, 2012 2:02 pm
To: [log in to unmask]

> Having seen "This is Cinerama" at the original Cinerama theater
> in Los Angeles as a young man, I immediately ran out and bought
> the LP.  My only regret is that it wasn't released in stereo,
> but the sound is impressive none the less.

I think there was a later stereo reissue.  When I saw it in Dayton a few
years ago the scene I was waiting for was the early one filmed in an
Italian church with the choir entering from behind the camera. I was
flabbergasted to find that the audio was so obviously fake.

I really would like to see Russian Adventure.  I got the LP a few months
ago.  Bing did the narration on the American version -- I understand
that the original Soviet version is occasionally shown in Moscow in real
3-strip.

Mike Biel [log in to unmask]