From a discography I have. I don't own the record to verify the information.

Randy

4 Star 1069 - Gus Bivona and His Orchestra -- "Prisoner of Love" (v: Ruth Robin)//"My Cutie's Due at Two-to-Two Today" (v: Ruth Robin)

From: "Williams, Tim" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2012 1:58 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Ruth Robin recordings

Hello all,

I'm trying to find any discographical information on a singer (orig. from Pittsburgh, younger sister of lyricist Leo Robin) named Ruth Robin (married name: Ruth Robin Bivona).

She sang in the 1930s and 40s with the bands of Charlie Barnet, Phil Harris, Jan Savitt, Joe Venuti, and her husband, clarinetist Gus Bivona.  A local radio host says he has a 78 of her singing her brother's "My Cutie's Due at Two to Two" with Bivona's band on the Four Star label.

But I've checked the Tom Lord jazz discography; the Brian Rust jazz, dance band, and entertainment discographies; and the Alice Rogers Dance Bands & Big Bands discography, and I've yet to find any listings of any recordings of her.

Anyone have any leads?

Thanks,

Timothy R. Williams

Music Librarian