Well on eBay  such records sell in the $15-20 range,so it's up to you.

Roger

________________________________
 From: Jeff Willens <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2012 2:06 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Pre-Melodiya Russian Classical Recordings - Is there a market?

Hello,

I recently came into a small collection of pre-Melodiya 10" and 12" classical discs from about the 1950s. Some of the ones that stood out to me were:

- Mark Bernes "Beloved Town" / "Clouds Rose Over the City"

- Tchaikovsky: Concerto for Piano & Orch. 23 - Mravinsky / Leningrad Sym. w/ P. Serebryakov

- Tchaikovsky: Symphony 6 "Pathetique" - Mravinsky / Leningrad Sym.

- Tchaikovsky: Capriccio Italien - Mravinsky / Leningrad Sym. b/w Tchaikovsky: Romeo & Juliet Overture - K. Ivanov / USSR Sym. Orch.

- F.I. Chaliapin performing Moussorgsky, A. Rubinstein, Mozart, Gounod

- Puccini: La Boheme (3 discs only) - Maslennikov, Sakharov, Lemeshev, Dobrin, Radio Orch. directed by Samosud.

- Verdi: Rigoletto (2 discs only) - Bolshoi Theatre Orch. directed by Samosud

- Shostakovich: Sym. 10 - Mravinsky / Leningrad Sym.

- Liszt: Piano Concerto 1 - K. Kondrashin / USSR State Sym. Orch w/ Emil Gilels
b/w Liszt: Prelude - N.G. Rachlin & All-Union Sym. Orch.

And several Russian folk songs, stories and limericks.

Would these be worth anything to anyone, considering these are mostly in great shape? I'm wondering if I should sell this off as a lot or individually. I need to raise some cash here, but I wouldn't even know where to begin finding valuations. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!