Amy Turner asked:

>Is MARC less common on the other side of the pond?

Based on our experience with British clients, MARC21 is gradually
replacing UKMARC.  Our only remaining UKMARC client just cancelled. We
have an Irish client who still wants 440, but we are declining.

While some systems we support do not use MARC internally, we have had
only one client since 1979 whose system could not import MARC.  We did
a crosswalk for them to their nonMARC system, e.g., all authors (100,
700s) were in one field with demarcations between them; ditto
subjects.