"It might be assigned in the future" is not redundant of the any of the other
cases. It asserts that at some time in the future additional knowledge is
hoped to allow it to be assigned. This is quite different from "unspecified"
as in "can't tell you since its secret" (e.g. classified information for the
forseeable future) or "documents have been destroyed and the date is no longer
traceable". The key predicate here is "unspecified". Any reason for why it not
specified is good enough.

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 12:32:46 -0400, Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress wrote

--

Edward C. Zimmermann, NONMONOTONIC LAB/BSn
http://www.ibu.de/IB_Engine