Please excuse any duplication.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kaddell, Marie (LNG-HBE) <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Subject: [sla-cdc] REGISTER TODAY! 2012 SLA Recap and Happy Hour with SLA
President-Elect Candidate, Kate Arnold
To: Washington DC Chapter <[log in to unmask]>

 Did someone say, “Happy Hour”?  Yes, we did!  Sign up today for a fun and
informative two-in-one DC SLA event.****

** **

*Date:*  Monday, August 13, 2012****

** **

*Time:*  6:00 PM – 8:00 PM****

** **

6:00 PM – 6:30 PM – Networking****

6:30 PM – 8:00 PM – Time with Kate Arnold & the 2012 SLA Recap****

** **

*Where: *

** **

BNA****

1801 South Bell Street
Arlington, VA****

Closest Metro Station: Crystal City (Blue/Yellow line)****

** **

*Register today <http://dc.sla.org/events/?ee=189>.*

** **

*First, meet a special guest coming to us all the way from the UK. *

** **

Here's your chance to meet SLA President-Elect candidate, Kate
Arnold<http://www.sla.org/content/SLA/governance/12election/arnold.cfm>.
Kate will be visiting the DC chapter from the UK and you'll get a chance to
hear her views and  ideas on the profession, the association and whatever
else comes up. We’re so glad that Kate has arranged to visit DC to speak
with us in person. Don't miss this opportunity to meet her.  ****

*Next, enjoy the 2012 SLA Recap. *

We’re doing this popular SLA annual conference recap again this year! We
will have a series of short, informative presentations by a panel of 2012
SLA conference presenters and 2012 SLA attendees highlighting selected SLA
annual conference programs. Be prepared for a fast-paced, lively, and
informative session. Whether you missed the conference or were able to
attend, you’re sure to gain some new insights from this group of panelists.*
***

Presenters include:****

   - Blanca Chou, Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc.****
   - Marianne Giltrud, The Catholic University of America Libraries****
   - James King, National Institutes of Health Library****
   - Janel Kinlaw, NPR****
   - Hannah Summers, NPR****
   - Chris Vestal, LexisNexis****

The program will be moderated by  Marie Kaddell, LexisNexis.****

*Of course, it’s a happy hour too so refreshments will be served!*

*For further information and registration go to
http://dc.sla.org/events/?ee=189*

Questions? Please email me.****

Marie****

*Marie Kaddell, M.L.S., M.S., M.B.A.*
Senior Information Professional Consultant

800-543-6862 - Customer Service

First VP/President-Elect, DC/SLA ****

Past Chair, SLA Division of Government Information****

Subscribe to the* **Government Info Pro
blog*<http://feeds.feedburner.com/GovernmentInfoPro>
****

*Follow me on Twitter* [image: Description: Twitter-Icon - very
small]<https://twitter.com/#%21/libraryfocus>
 * Find LexisNexis for Government on Facebook *[image: Description:
Facebook-Icon - very small]<http://www.facebook.com/LexisNexisforGovernment>
 ****

** **

---

You are currently subscribed to sla-cdc as: [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe click here:
http://sla.lyris.net/u?id=72589.b6dda5aa946dbec010afa93f761f35b9&n=T&l=sla-cdc&o=17096738

or send a blank email to

Christopher M. Vestal
Government Consultant, LexisNexis
DC/SLA 2011-2012 Communications Secretary
Phone: (540) 227-0718
"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first." --Ernestine Ulmer
*Find LexisNexis for Government on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/LexisNexisforGovernment>
 *