Please excuse any duplication this message has been posted to several lists. Please respond to the people indicated in the body of the email. I am only the messenger.

Below find the preliminary program and registration info for the Metro DC SirsiDynix Users Group meeting that will take place at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in Washington, DC, on Sept. 11.  We have a good mix of SirsiDynix and user presentations.  And, as always, registration is *free*.

To register contact Pam Huffman -**[log in to unmask]*

Deadline is Thursday. Sept 6th. *Please provide name, complete organization address, and phone number.  If registering multiple attendees from one organization, please provide each attendee's e-mail address and phone number.

If you want to present at this year's meeting, it's not too late.  We can fit you on the schedule.  Just send an email to [log in to unmask] a short description of what you want to show us.  We will find room for you on the schedule.

See you in September ...

Metro DC SirsiDynix Users Group Meeting
*Sept. 11, 2012*

U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit

717 Madison Place, N.W.
Washington DC 20439
8:30 – 4:30

Registration/Coffee

*8:30-9:00*

Welcome to the Court
*9:00-910*

SirsiDynix Presentations
*9:10-11:45 (with a break)*
*Berit Nelson, Cindy Stinnett, and others from SirsiDynix *

*Topics to be covered: *

Product Development/New Features/Enterprise/Portfolio/Other Topics

e-Resource Central demo, Web Cataloging Module, Facebook app, Analytic Station (mix of Directors Station and Web Reporter), RDA, iPad and other hand held devices.

*SirsiDynix Question & Answer Session*
*11:45-12:15*

Berit and crew answer your questions

Lunch  (on your own)

*12:15-1:30*

Ask SirsiDynix!
*1:30-4:00 *

Meet with the experts from SirsiDynix for one on one sessions during the afternoon.

9xx Ordering - Why we select 9xx over x12 ordering (Thu-Mai Hoang and Pat Alderman)

1:30 – 2:15

-Hear why the National Defense University Library chose to us 9xx instead of x12 ordering and their experience on setting it up in SirsiDynix Symphony.

Preparing for RDA – Adding MARC tags to your authority and catalog formats- (Vera Maeser of SirsiDynix)

*2:15 – 3:00*

With the introduction of RDA many libraries are finding it necessary to add new MARC tags to their authority and catalog formats.  This overview, with handouts, will walk you through the steps needed to accomplish this.

Break

*3:00 -3:15*

Security Categorization and Controls for SirsiDynix Systems (Paula Deutsch, Will Wooten-Janney, Cindy Stinnett)

*3:15 – 4:00*

Panelists share their experiences in categorizing SirsiDynix systems—both in-house and SaaS--using the FIPS 199 guidelines and in certifying compliance with the security controls specified in NIST Special Publication 800-53 Recommended security controls for federal information systems.
This session will be of interest to all libraries who need to certify the security of their SirsiDynix systems.

Closing Remarks

*4:00 – 4:30*

To register contact Pam Huffman -*[log in to unmask]*

Deadline is Thursday. Sept 6th. *Please provide name, complete organization address, and phone number.  If registering multiple attendees from one organization, please provide each attendee's e-mail address and phone number.

Registrants should be prepared to show a photo ID, either government or other organization ID or a valid driver's license when checking-in with security.

Metro Information:

Take Metro's Blue or Orange Line to the McPherson Square Station.

Exit following signs toward the White House. At street level take Vermont Avenue (bear left at the top of the escalator) in the direction of H Street. Crossing H Street, Vermont Avenue becomes Madison Place. The National Courts Building's main entrance is midblock on the east side of the street.

Parking :

The National Courts Building does not have public parking. Some metered, street parking is available on H, I (Eye), 14th and 15th Streets, and New York Avenue. Virtually all street parking in this area is limited to between 9:30am and 4:30pm, in one to two hour increments.

Public garages or parking lots are located at: 1420 and 1425 New York Avenue; 1401 New York Avenue (enter on H Street near 14th Street); and 815 14th Street.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth Kirton-Crane

FCC Library