On Tue, 14 Aug 2012, CHRISTOPHER WALKER wrote:

> I am having trouble imagining any scenario under which any patron
> or information seeker will find it useful to encounter separate headings
> that recognize a distinction between otherwise identical headings
> that have the same corporate subordination.

  What if a corporate subbody's name also changes (pretty common with
government bodies), e.g.:

   1. North Dakota. Dept. of Highway Construction. Division of Pavement
Standards

   2. North Dakota. Roadway Construction Dept. Pavement Management
Division.

   3. North Dakota. Dept. of Highway Construction (2012-    ). Pavement
Management Division.

jgm

  John G. Marr
  Cataloger
  CDS, UL
  Univ. of New Mexico
  Albuquerque, NM 87131

     **There are only 2 kinds of thinking: "out of the box" and "outside
the box."

Opinions belong exclusively to the individuals expressing them, but
sharing is permitted.