Nancy

You can already record other administrative divisions in 370 $f as "Other associated place", relating to RDA 11.3.1, Place Associated with the Corporate Body (we're establishing place names as jurisdictions,  or notional jurisdictions, so Chapter 11 also applies).

11.3.1.1 says "A place associated with the corporate body is a significant location associated with a corporate body (e.g., location of a conference, etc., location of the headquarters of an organization)." Note the "e.g.", indicating that those are only examples.

We've been doing this consistently in the RDA we've created or places below the country level; see for example nb2012015752:

151   $a West Somerton (England)
368   $b Village
370   $c England $f Norfolk, England

where Norfolk is the county in which the village is located.

So it's possible to record several elements relating to the place as jurisdiction, as discrete data elements.

Regards
Richard

Richard Moore

Authority Control Team Manager