Mark

>True.  And I just came across a questionable-date format in an example
under the 375 $s on the MARC21 site.

<http://www.loc.gov/marc/authority/ad375.html>

>But I don't want to rely on a single example as support for applying
EDTF date formats

That's not an example of an EDTF date format. It's an example of the way
RDA indicates that uncertain dates should be recorded (e.g. in 9.3.1.3).
ISO 8601 and edtf dates are only recorded in 046. Part of the problem is
that there would be no way to indicate what date standard you are using
in 37X.

Regards
Richard

_________________________
Richard Moore
Authority Control Team Manager
The British Library

Tel.: +44 (0)1937 546806
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Experience the British Library online at http://www.bl.uk/

The British Library’s new interactive Annual Report and Accounts 2010/11 : http://www.bl.uk/annualreport2010-11http://www.bl.uk/knowledge

Help the British Library conserve the world's knowledge. Adopt a Book. http://www.bl.uk/adoptabook

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the mailto:[log in to unmask] : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.

 Think before you print