This approach seems much more logical to me.

David-

David Procházka | Music/Special Materials Cataloger | The University of Akron | Bierce Library 261C | Akron, Ohio  44325-1712 | [log in to unmask] | 330-972-6260

-----Original Message-----
From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gary L Strawn
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 1:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] RDA phase 1 is complete

I had been hoping that someone with more authority would step in.  But since not, here's my $0.02:

If you're not using RDA yet, create your heading and new authority record according to AACR2.  Myself, I'd vote for not adding the 667 (too easy to make a typo--the conversion program wants an exact match).  During phase 2, any record deserving of a 667 that doesn't yet have one, will receive it.  It's also just possible that there will be one or more "phase 1 catch-up" runs, to deal with newly-added records.

Gary L. Strawn, Authorities Librarian, etc.
Northwestern University Library, 1970 Campus Drive, Evanston IL 60208-2300
e-mail: [log in to unmask]   voice: 847/491-2788   fax: 847/491-8306
Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit.         BatchCat version: 2007.22.416