From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Benjamin A Abrahamse
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] Question re: RDA, 264 at DtSt ff

Under AACR2 we didn't usually set 008/06 to "t" (Publication date and copyright date) unless there was a large gap between the two.  Is that no longer true under RDA? I've noticed several new pcc-created RDA records that code 008/06 to "t" and code publication and copyright separately even when they are the same year.

--Ben

Benjamin Abrahamse
Cataloging Coordinator
Acquisitions, Metadata and Enterprise Systems
MIT Libraries
617-253-7137