Reminds me of one of the great historical debates about dedicated
transparency scanners.
Before going bankrupt, Polaroid made the only widely-distributed scanner
that used diffused lighting from a bulb, whereas almost all others used
LEDs.
Microtek retained the rights to the Polaroid film scanners after the
bankruptcy (I believe Microtek was the actual manufacturer to begin with,
but I could be wrong), but the quality of the products dimished greatly and
disappeared from the market in a hurry. The original Polaroids, I think
particularly the SprinScan 120, are rare and expensive.
Software and CCD improvements have largely diminished the harchness once
very commonly blamed on LED lighting, so don't go ape looking for the
Polaroid at tis juncture.