From: "Stephen Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:14 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] The EMI Vault

I can't speak to EMI, but during my years at Capitol Studios, Capitol maintained archive storage at
2 Iron Mountain facilities, one in Carson, CA, the other in New Jersey.  We designed special cases
that would accommodate various media: differetns size reels of tape, discs of every type, etc., for
when we needed to copy or transfer assets for film licensing, re-releases, etc.

http://www.ironmountain.com/Services/Entertainment-Services.aspx

Steve

On Sep 18, 2012, at 6:35 PM, Clark Johnsen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Recently I read an assertion that the EMI vault "west of London" houses
> everything EMI has ever recorded. Despite apparent ambiguity, the
> implication is clear: These are masters. Yet I have also read that at some
> point (during the war?) EMI lost (or destroyed?) many or most of their
> metal masters and called upon RCA Victor in America to resupply them (with
> metals? mothers? stampers?). What's the story?
>
> clark

Stephen Anderson
631 E. Vista del Playa
Orange, CA 92865