The only big thing that I've seen in these ridicu-priced turntables is a magnetically-levitated
platter and various exotic bearings which can essentially isolate playback from any rumble generated
by the turntable (I dunno about rumble generated by the earth itself, over-flying aircraft, dancing
feet, subways, trucks, etc). I'm sure these mechanics can be achieved for a few thousand dollars if
someone smart puts their mind to it. Also, good luck finding any LP that doesn't have baked-in
rumble from the cutting lathe.

Along the lines of Lou Judson's post, the only "Statement" such a turntable makes is, "my ego is
worth more than being charitable to my fellow man." While true charity comes only from free will,
and thus it's a perfectly acceptable exercise of free will to spend $170k on a freakin' record
player, actually doing so goes way south on my personal moral compass. One man's opions ...

-- Tom Fine