I've been away for a week and came back to check my ARSClist mail and just
saw the MANY (did I say MANY?) posts on this subject.  I transferred my
slides (mostly trip slides) a few years ago with one of $99. units that do 3
or  4 at a time. Worked great and resolution was fine for me. (Happy to send
a  sample if you email me off list at StevenrammATaolDOTcom). It takes some
time  but the REALLY useful part of the project is that you will find
yourself -  during the sorting part - discarding ones you don't need. In my case
it was  animals or places I couldn't remember.

Unless you are planning to give the scans to your children or someone you
think might actually want them, high resolution is useless. And none are
easier  to use than others.

I did same with my prints with a nice little $30 print scanner that was so
fast I could scan 10 prints a minute! I've shared those resukts here with
photos  of past ARSC conferences. Again, NOT high resolution but I was a
clear  image.

The REAL challenge in digitizing things is doing audio cassettes. They
needd to be done in REAL time and you can't burn a C-90 on a CD as it exceeds
the max.

Well, not sure I added anything important. I did NOT read the whole thread
(which also appeared to go "off topic" at times).

Steve