Yeah, plenty. They break easily, absorb moisture like you can't believe,
and are generally a PITA.

You will definitely need a tension-controlled deck. Even then, you will
need to exercise care. The big tradeoff is that you want higher tension
to maintain tape to head contact, but then risk increased breakage. Use
large hub reels, and make sure that the flanges are true, so as to avoid
edge damage.

There is usually a fair amount of shedding as well, depending on the
condition of the paper base.

--Scott

Scott D. Smith CAS
Chicago Audio Works, Inc.