In a message dated 9/25/2012 9:12:18 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Turns  out this can be done with Windows MovieMaker as long as the
notoriously  crash-prone software
doesn't crash. How-to here:
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Hq6Gn7KII_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Hq6Gn7KII)

I used WMM a lot when I was creating .avi files for my videos using my
fFuji camera. Then I got a Nikon which produces .mov files and I found out that
 WMM for XP doesn't recognize .mov files. Win 7 does but I don't have that.
I  even tried to convert the .mov files to ..avi and though converted they
don't  work.

Just letting you know if you have XP that that is the case since Tom
Mentioned that. Wil Win 7 WMM should work fine for you.

Steve