Becky Phillips, widow of the late Sam Phillips, died last Thursday.

Here's a nice remembrance from the Kitchen Sisters:
http://www.kitchensisters.org/ksnotes/beckyphillips.html

And here's the best tribute the Kitchen Sisters could provide, an online and downloadable version of
one of their best radio documentaries, "WHER: 1000 Beautiful Watts."
http://soundcloud.com/kitchensisters/wher-1000-beautiful-watts

As much as I loved almost all of the Lost and Found Sound episodes, and as much as I respect the
Kitchen Sisters' excellent 9/11 tribute series, I have re-listened to WHER more than anything else
they've done. Something about the whole concept, and the first person account and those voices (!)
keeps bringing me back.

-- Tom Fine