Art, that link doesn't work. 404 error (file not found).

----- Original Message -----
From: "Art Shifrin" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 11:06 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] U.S. Odeon 10177 multi-lingual label version of the OKeh Laughing Record

For those of you who are aficionados of the OKeh Laughing Record, I've
found a tetragonally labeled version on U.S. Odeon # 10177-A.  I think that
the three foreign titles as German, Italian & Polish.  The English notation
is “Polyglot – laughing”.

These provided immense enjoyment for millions of buyers and even more
listeners.  So as usual, it’s worn, but I’ve seen & heard worse OKehs.
Other than for thrillingly near pristine disks, I’m always conflicted of
how to rate conditions.  You can hear this side in a two channel 32 / 96
wave that’s unprocessed @

 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5515971/OKeh-Laughing-Record_PLOPBOX.wav

It was played FLAT with a 3.0 truncated spherical stylus in a Shure M44
cartridge @ 78.26.  The two outputs are discrete.  Their relative levels
are set (as I always do) so that mixing them @ unity produces the deepest
vertical null. Had it been vertical cut, then the levels would’ve yielded
the deepest lateral null.  Had it been ‘compatible’, then which way to mix
it would've been anyone's guess. Based on what you hear, I'd appreciate
your letting me know how you rate it.

The flip side’s  the  “Lindenau” aka “Do updiego” aka Tutta bella” polka.

According to
http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/ihas/loc.music.sm1885.19881/default.html, its
composer was L. Von der Mehden. The opus was published in 1885 by M. Gray
of San Francisco.

The labels can be viewed @

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5515971/OKeh%20Laughing%20Record%20(Odeon%2010177)ew%20folder/Odeon_10177.jpg

What I'd like to know is the source of the superbly clear audio used in
"Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!"   I'm guessing that it
was<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5515971/OKeh%20Laughing%20Record%20(Odeon%2010177)ew%20folder/Odeon_10177.jpg>

a vinyl pressing from very nice metal.
<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5515971/OKeh%20Laughing%20Record%20(Odeon%2010177)ew%20folder/Odeon_10177.jpg>

Laughingly,