I'm only an amateur novice amongst very learned professionals on this list. But I simply cannot fathom why a company would rid itself of its assets knowing that there always is the possibility, as remote as it may seem, that those assets could, in fact, have value or at least some historical significance.

Rather than destroy it, why not offer it to someone who would want to keep it? And why opt to keep a copy in favor of the original? I keep on scratching my head and rolling my eyes because it all seems so illogical to me.

DrG