Read what Goddard Lieberson and J.Gordon Holt had to say from the start about Dynagroove .

http://www.stereophile.com/asweseeit/95/index.html

Roger

________________________________
 From: Clark Johnsen <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, September 7, 2012 6:11 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Details on vinyl to digital re-mastering

"There were probably some moments of fear and loathing among competitors --
until they put the first Dynagroove LPs on their turntables, took a listen
and laughed loudly."

Hmmm... But to quote Hans Fantel, later (although perhaps already) a critic
for the New York Times:

The first few measures of music I heard on RCA Victor Dynagroove left no
doubt that a major technical advance had been achieved…The bass rolled out
with astonishing richness, the highs were clear and crisp, and heavily
scored passages were transparent in every musical detail. .The Dynagroove
record reflects advances on many fronts, correlated by RCA engineers into a
consistent technical process, at the heart of which are new techniques and
equipment. *Computers have been introduced to audio for the first time*…All
this adds up to what is, in my opinion, a remarkable degree of musical
realism. The technique is ingenious and sophisticated, but its validation
is simple: the ear confirms it.

And there you have it.

clark