Haven't tried Elsie on these, but the urban legend about Tite Bond
type wood glue for cleaning PVC pressed discs is no myth.    The glue
is applied to the entire surface (except not the label) in a smooth,
even coat.   There are YouTubes on this.  The next day, one peels
this "negative" off of the record side attempting to do so while
leaving the peeling intact.  The glue disc will have the texture of
the caramel sheets that might get applied to an apple for melting.
The grooves will be denuded of all dust. debris, and detritus, as
well as some of the oils from handling.   Seems scary, but it really
comes all the way off without hurting the grooves, as far as I can
tell.  This is not to be done to shellac or acetate discs, however.
Only "vinyl."

Andrew

Serif Sound ♬ CD Premastering
➣ Dingbat Lacquer Sound Disc