 From: Doug Pomeroy <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, September 9, 2012 8:34 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Details on vinyl to digital re-mastering

An historical note: British engineer Reg Williamson developed a similar product many years ago
for cleaning LPs called ELVANOL, Polyvinyl Alcohol 85-82 (Reg US Patent Office).  It is a
white powder you mix with isopropyl alcohol and apply to the LP surface and after it dries
you pull it off as a single sheet and it takes the contaminants with it.  I still have a container
of ELVANOL but have never used it.

Doug Pomeroy
Audio Restoration & Mastering Services