I read it the same way as you do Ethan (I think your example is correct)

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 28, 2012, at 6:04 AM, Ethan Gruber <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can clarify the direction of the xlink:arcrole in a cpfRelation in EAC.  According to the tag library, an xlink:role is "An absolute URI that describes the nature of the relation between the entity being described in the EAC-CPF instance and a remote resource (<cpfRelation>, <resourceRelation>, or <functionRelation>) or the nature of the relation between the EAC-CPF instance description (or component of description) and the remote resource (<citation>, <setComponent>, and<source>). The value of the attribute should indicate the direction of the relation. It is recommended that the direction of the relation be from local resource to remote resource."

If the relation is from local resource to remote resource, if I am editing a record of of Philip II of Macedon, the father of Alexander the great, is the follow fragment correct?

<cpfRelation xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="alexander_the_great" xlink:arcrole="fatherOf"><relationEntry>Alexander the Great</relationEntry></cpfRelation>

i.e., Philip II (local resource) is "fatherOf" Alexander the Great (remote resource represented by the xlink:href "alexander_the_great"

Or did I get it backwards?

Thanks,
Ethan