Hi Vicky,
What you're probably looking is the rightsMD element
<http://www.loc.gov/standards/mets/docs/mets.v1-9.html#rightsMD>.
It seems it behave in a similar way as other elements from the <amdSec>
<http://www.loc.gov/standards/mets/METSOverview.v2.html#admMD>.
Here is an example by the LoC
<http://www.loc.gov/standards/mets/profiles/00000002.xml#ADM9> (search
for ID="ADM9"). You will probably need to build something like :

    <mets:rightsMD ID="ADM9">
        <mets:mdWrap MDTYPE="OTHER" OTHERMDTYPE="METSRights">
            <mets:xmlData>
                <rts:RightsDeclarationMD RIGHTSCATEGORY="Creative Commons">
                    <rts:RightsDeclaration>
                        <!-- Pick up your licence from :
    https://creativecommons.org/choose/ -->
                    </rts:RightsDeclaration>
                    <rts:RightsHolder>
                        <rts:RightsHolderName>National Library of
    Wales</rts:RightsHolderName>
                    </rts:RightsHolder>
                </rts:RightsDeclarationMD>
            </mets:xmlData>
        </mets:mdWrap>
    </mets:rightsMD>

If you need help converting your documents, my companies may be able to
help. See contact at the end of the

--
Cordialement,
Édouard Lopez