Thanks Édouard for your help.  Having looked into this a bit more I'm
wondering if people out there are using Creative Commons RDF in order to
store this information (http://creativecommons.org/ns#License) or possibly a
combination of Creative Commons RDF and METSRights.  I would be grateful to
hear from anyone who is implementing Creative Commons in this way.

Thanks,
Vicky