From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Amy Turner
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: RDA to AACR2??

We also have that record in our catalog as an RDA record, so I can see what happened.   OCLC’s load algorithms always prefer LC to “member” so an LC  AACR2 record replaced a Univ. of Chicago RDA record, with no reference to which rules were used.   You see a trace of the original inputting library in the 040:  DLC ǂb eng ǂc DLC ǂd CGU ǂd C3L ǂd OHX ǂd PL# ǂd UBY ǂd CUT.

In this year’s BIBCO OpCo meeting, Cynthia Whitacre from OCLC reported that OCLC plans to change their programming to put pcc on an equal footing with LC, but that this will be a big job involving old and well integrated coding.

Amy

Amy Turner

Monographic Cataloger and Authority Control Coordinator
Duke University Libraries