From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark Ehlert
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 10:57 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Question re: RDA, 264 at DtSt ff

Brueck, Vicki <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

In the LCPS for 2.8.6.6 there is an example showing an optional inclusion of a copyright date in addition to a probable publishing date and in the example the value for 008/06 Type of date is “t.”

Speaking of which, this example is a recent change in practice by LC.  The older version of LCPS 2.8.6.6, A1. read: "If the copyright date is for the year following the year in which the publication is received, supply a date of publication that corresponds to the year of receipt."  Now it reads: "If the copyright date is for the year following the year in which the publication is received, supply a date of publication that corresponds to the copyright date."  In both cases, the "t" code is employed.  The earlier version makes more sense to me.

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 Minitex
Coordinator                    University of Minnesota

  Metadata Education (DCME)    222 21st Avenue South
Phone: 612-624-0805            Minneapolis, MN 55455-0439
<
http://www.minitex.umn.edu/>