Dear Vicky:

This is something that the PREMIS Editorial Committee has talked about and we do need to have more examples. We would not probably put them in the data dictionary because it is harder to maintain, but have a portion of the web site devoted to examples. It would be helpful if people on this list contribute some examples, since they are sometimes hard to find and it is always better to use real ones than making them up. We can get some from registered METS profiles when PREMIS is used, since they must include an example.

If anyone can contribute to this effort, please email some examples to me at the email address below. We will need to compile a list of what we want to illustrate, but one is obviously using the new rights semantic units.

Thank you for this suggestion.

Rebecca

Rebecca Guenther
Chair, PREMIS Editorial Committee
Library of Congress
Network Development & MARC Standards Office