--- On Sun, 10/28/12, Art Shifrin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> ....was Art Carney...in his salad
> days at CBS radio he was the voice of FDR
> ....I wonder if it's him performing lines from the first
> inauguration in
> "No Help Wanted"

Carney, I think, got stereotyped by the Ed Norton
role.  He was an exceptional voice talent.  When
I first heard "Santa and the Doodle-E-Bop" it was
a revelation.  I'd passed it over time and again,
thinking it was just some kiddie story or something.
When I finally heard it, with its beatnik type
delivery, I was sorry I passed up so many
opportunities to get an E+ copy.  The copy I
have is about a V+.