The C120s are a real problem; the tape is so thin that you can almost see
through it, and output is generally low. But my point is just because
something is on a cheap
tape doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a major issue -- my
experience has been that Normal bias C60s hold up well. I have had
multitudes of problems with higher
end tapes, particularly later tapes from 1988 forward. Metal tapes,
particularly ones made on machines with faulty bias settings, are terrible,
and they were supposed to be
the best.

And I agree -- these "so many factors" do need to be accounted for.

Uncle Dave Lewis
Lebanon, OH