"... some of the most engaging parts of the book trace the early
development of the business. (For sticklers, the Columbia Phonograph
Company was founded in 1889 but dates itself from a predecessor, the
American Graphophone Company, which started two years earlier."

Are you kidding me? Even if you dated yourself from the start of the
Columbia territory within North American, you cannot date yourself to a
date that precedes the existence of the commercial phonograph industry.

Uncle Dave Lewis
Lebanon, OH