Print

Print


 <[log in to unmask]>
            <6E65917F35184BF7AB40B8E6C6898160@mickey8ea77e68>
            <[log in to unmask]>
 <[log in to unmask]>
X-Mailer: CTM PowerMail version 6.1.3 build 4650 French (intel)
 <http://www.ctmdev.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Y-GMX-Trusted: 0
X-Proofpoint-Virus-Version: vendor=nai engine=5400 definitions=6860 signatures=667107
X-Proofpoint-Spam-Details: rule=notspam policy=default score=0 spamscore=0 ipscore=0 suspectscore=0
 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx
 scancount=1 engine=6.0.2-1203120001 definitions=main-1210090276

hello again,

The 3 incrimined shellacs have benne digitized in a sound archive. We had =
the help of Franz Lechleitner (Phonogramma Archiv) who help us to choose the =
correct stylus...

I don't understand very well you question "How does one cancel the =
vertical portion of the signal=3F".

We have the entire signal (at 96 KHz and 24 bits). What do you mean by =
"vertical portion of the signal=3F"

The problem I have know is that the 3 shellacs had been yet digitized =
(correctly=3F), and I must restore alls. The click removing results nice, but I =
cannot remove this surface noise for the moment.

Kind regards.

-- 
R. Parejo-Coudert

Ethnomusicologue / Ethnomusicologist / Etnomusic=F3logo

Anthropologie visuelle et sonore
Visual and Sound Anthropology
Antropolog=EDa visual y sonora

Archives sonores - Archivos sonoros - Sound Archives
Restauration audio - Restauraci=F3n audio - Audio Restoration


=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=
=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=
=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0





Le/El/On: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 17:36:47 +0000, <pr=E9nom de l'utilisateur> =
James Roth [log in to unmask] m'a =E9crit | me ha escrito | wrote:




>PLEASE TELL ME
>How does one cancel the vertical portion of the signal=3F
>
>Regards,
>Ben Roth
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
>[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Steven Smolian
>Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 1:22 PM
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] What's the best way to remove surface noise on
>Columbia Shellac (1930)=3F
>
>Are people not cancelling the vertical portion of the signal=3F
>
>Steve Smolian
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
>[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mickey Clark
>Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 1:11 PM
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] What's the best way to remove surface noise on
>Columbia Shellac (1930)=3F
>
>Try a slow transfer at 33 1/3 - at the slower speed, your cartridge will
>follow the irregularities - it should be all low frequency noise.
>-cheers-Mickey Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/MickeyRClark
>M.C.Productions Vintage Recordings
>    710 Westminster Ave. West
>             Penticton BC
>                V2A 1K8
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "James Roth" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 9:07 AM
>Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] What's the best way to remove surface noise on
>Columbia Shellac (1930)=3F
>
>
>> Hello alls also.
>>
>> I had the same question about 1/2 year ago.
>> I have hundreds of those woow-woow surface noise Columbias.
>> I've tried 10 different styli - truncated/full conical, eliptical, etc. 
>> (Shure and Stanton) and the GE VRII cartridge with the 3 mil stylus.
>> ...but no luck.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ben Roth
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List 
>> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rapha=EBl PAREJO
>> Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 11:01 AM
>> To: [log in to unmask]
>> Subject: [ARSCLIST] What's the best way to remove surface noise on 
>> Columbia Shellac (1930)=3F
>>
>> Hello alls!
>>
>> I've a lot difficulties to resolve a problem of surface noise and 
>> rumble on a Columbia shellac (circa 1930, electric recording) from San 
>> Sebastian (Basque country) factory.
>>
>> What's the best ways to attenuate or remove this persistant noise =3F
>>
>> I'm working on a Macintosh computer with Peak Pro 7 Editor and several 
>> plugins as iZotope RX2, Oxford restoration suite, and also the 
>> discontinued SoundSoap Pro 2. The results are not good.
>>
>> A colleague have tried to use Cedar 3000, but without good results.
>>
>> Some suggestions=3F
>>
>> regards.
>>
>> --
>> R. Parejo-Coudert
>>
>> Ethnomusicologue / Ethnomusicologist / Etnomusic=F3logo
>>
>> Anthropologie visuelle et sonore
>> Visual and Sound Anthropology
>> Antropolog=EDa visual y sonora
>>
>> Archives sonores - Archivos sonoros - Sound Archives Restauration 
>> audio - Restauraci=F3n audio - Audio Restoration
>>
>>
>> =
=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=
=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0=B0
>> =B0=B0
>>