Hi Tom-san, sorry for being late to reply.

Volume V of that Ruppli & Novitsky's Mercury books has "Tables of
Stereo/Mono Equivalent Masters" section.
Prefixes like JB/JS/PB/PBE/PS were used. PBE was for "electronically
enhanced stereo" (aka fake stereo).
So I believe, if you find the PB-prefix master number on the sheet, at
least stereo recording was executed
and tape was there when the sheet was written.

You mentioned that the stereo master of "Disillusioned Heart" is indicated
as "PB-1377",
while the Vol. V of the Ruppli book notes PB-1377 is "unknown" (blank).
It might be that the PB-1377 was mixed and numbered as such for future
stereo LP issues
but not used on any LPs, and the sheet was not filed somehow (thus not
included on the
Ruppli books).

And I am surprised that the take 4 of "Disillusioned Heart" did exist - a
great find!

Kohji

>>> alb/189-7275718-6834958<http:/**/www.amazon.com/gp/product/**