-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Doug Pomeroy
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Brunswick - Columbia - A&R at 799 Seventh Avenue,
Manhattan

Tom,

Columbia's studio operations were never consolidated at the 30th Street
Studio.
They went from 799 Seventh to the former CBS radio studios at 49 W 52nd
Street at some point in the 1950's (I think).  I remember Seeing Arthur
Godfrey in the elevator in 1969.

BTW, the photo to the left of the one of Ed Michalski shows the back of Fred
Plaut's head.

> As I understand it, and again I might be wrong about this, Columbia
> used the Seventh Avenue location both before and during the time they
> owned the famous 30th Street "Church" studio, eventually consolidating
their NYC studio operations at 30th Street.

Doug Pomeroy