I'm waiting for my copy but I got the "companion" book that was written by
Dave Marsh called "Legends and Legacy". It's a listing of what Marsh
considers  the 263 most important tracks from 1895 (Sousa's Band)(He says ot's a
wax  cylinder but the photo is an indestructible from post 1900)  to 2011
(Adele). This matches the zip drive that comes in the deluxe set. In Marsh's
book there are "label" photos for each but in many cases it's the LP or CD
cover  of a 78. And for Sophie Tucker "Some of these Days" they show the TED
LEWIS  label. Marsh has a paragraph on each disc and has "facts" like Eubie
Blake lived  just short of his 100th Birthday (he died a few days later).
Marsh's  acknkowledgement include NO sound archivists or collectors I know.
Only Sony  execs.

Hoping Wilentz's book is better. Guess I'll see when my copy comes next
week.

Steve

In a message dated 10/30/2012 2:57:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,