It is sad to learn of Richard's passing.

I will never forget how warmly Richard welcomed me to ARSC, decades ago.

At that point, Richard had been helping musicians, collectors, and scholars
in their research, for many years.  He was the consummate librarian --
supremely knowledgeable, objective, and always supportive.

As a founder of the Associated Audio Archives, Richard was a pioneer in
large-scale, systematic discography.

Richard's long, expert leadership of the ARSC Grants Committee is a perfect
example of selfless service to the association and the field.

During the 2012 ARSC Conference, Anna-Maria Manuel and I had a delightful
chat with Richard, catching up on his latest activities.  In Rochester, he
seemed more energetic than ever.  Happily, that's how I will remember him.

Thanks, Richard, for all your good work.

Regards,

Bill

Bill Klinger

13532 Bass Lake Road