After much research I found a reasonable source for D5 here in Canada
and they will ship to the U.S.A.
You may find the info at the top of my blog page at the moment.
www.richardhess.com/notes
or go directly there
http://richardhess.com/notes/2012/10/09/source-for-d5-decamethylcyclopentasiloxane/

I know I have been discussing this off-list with a few of you.

There is also another blog post a couple of articles down about it
working very well with Sony PR-150 on a Sony APR-5003 recorder with a
simplified applicator using an envelope moistener found at many major
stationary suppliers.
http://richardhess.com/notes/2012/10/01/playing-a-squealing-reel-of-sony-pr-150-tape-using-d5/

And, for something completely different, I have updated my article about
my personal image scanning work, celebrating the completion of the bulk
of it.
http://richardhess.com/notes/2011/11/05/personal-image-scanning-project/

but all three of these are currently the top three articles on the blog
(on my blog they sort by last-edited date so updated articles are
recycled on the main page).

Cheers,

Richard