My trusted Magnavox 650 (1986) lists distortion of 0.001% at 0dBfs and
0.03% at -15dBfs IIRC. I remember a session with Ben Bernfeld (Weiss)
listening to a piano recorded at -70. Could barely make out what it was.
Dither helped. That was when I realized why I loved analog over 16 bit
digital.
Shai
בתאריך 19/10/12 6:31 PM, ציטוט Tom Fine:

--
בברכה,
שי דרורי