From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jan Myren
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 12:22 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Reducing crackle from 78 rpm records the analogue way on 70's reissue LP's

HI!

I spent the week-end going through my collection of 70's and 80's compilation albums of old jazz records remastered by John R.T. Davies and Robert Parker.

I must say I am a bit impressed by the way they were able to suppress noise and especially the crackle form the old 78's they used.

May anybody remember (or know) how they did that and what kind of machines they used back in the analogue days?

All the best

Jan