Subject: [ARSCLIST] Record Research Scans
From: Mason_Vander_Lugt <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, October 24, 2012 9:12 am
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi ARSC,

I know some of you were involved in the writing and publication of
Record
Research Magazine. Can any of you tell me decisively whether anyone
would
contest the free distribution of PDF scans of the magazine? I emailed
the
representative of Spivey Records (my best guess for a 'rightsholder'),
but
got no response. I've been collecting them when I can find them, and now
have about half of the full run scanned (less the sales lists).

Does anybody have any of the issues listed below that they would be
willing
to lend, give or sell to me? I intend to put them up for free download
when
I'm finished.

Finally, I think they would be much more useful if the text was
searchable.
Can anyone recommend a good (free?) OCR service that can accept PDF
files?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice,
Mason Vander Lugt
Still needed:

1-42, except 17, 19-20, 22-24, 27
51/52
112-220 except 189/190, 201/202

(If my math seems fuzzy to you, it's because they were published in
double-issues after 112)