"Surprising to me was the influence the Ramones had on the nascent British punk scene. I always
thought that punk came from the UK, but really it started in NYC, according to this film"

I'd suggest Please Kill Me for anyone looking for more information about the origins of the punk scene.
http://www.amazon.com/Please-Kill-Me-Uncensored-History/dp/0140266909