Hello group - Just fixed my new Technics SP-15. A lovely turntable spinning at 150 rpm or so... Followed the directions as follows and am enjoying as I type. Hope this helps - is a  very simple repair - cheers-Mickey Clark

The SP-15 has probably garnered a reputation of being Technics "bad boy" quite undeservedly. My guess is the precentage of SP-15s that have developed problems is quite small. When you consider that a great many saw duty working in broadcast stations 24/7/365 for years on end it is quite amazing that a large number are still going and have entered the second phase of their life in either another commercial setting or serious/well used home enviroment. Hopefully this post will dispell the notion that the SP-15 is to be avoided. If your handy and somewhat skilled doing soldering it's as simple as removing the SP-15 mat and platter, then with a phillips screwdriver remove the three screws marked with an arrow on the spindle/bearing motor unit. Unplug the spindle/beearing/motor unit from the wire harness flip it over and there's the board with the three closely spaced solder points that are more than obvious as Dave/Cactuscowboy told me. With equipment at hand shouldn't take more than 15 minutes and the SP-15 will be playing at 33/45/78 dead on. Kent we will take another look at the SL-1200Mk2 start/stop button/pad as an alternative replacement part. So far it hasn't been a big hardship without the start/stop feature along with the brake but I would like to get it 100% functional with these features working again. I'v noticed a few SP-15s and also SP-25s that were missing the start/stop button and maybe Kent has some insight if this might of been an intentional removal when remote start/stop was installed.

Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/MickeyRClark
M.C.Productions Vintage Recordings
    710 Westminster Ave. West