�Did your dad's Heathkit system have a component version of the Gla

�Did your dad's Heathkit system have a component version of the Glaser-Steers GS Seventy Seven?I recently had the one I bought at Goodwill restored,and I love it.

Roger

________________________________
 From: "Grant, Tyra" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, October 8, 2012 2:42 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Seeking Walkie-Recordall sonobands

Okay, I've just retrieved my Walkie-Recordall (briefcase and all) that my dad gave me in junior high.� I'd thought it was lost but my sister had it.
Only one sonoband remains with the recorder.� Does anyone know where I might locate some unused sonobands (no connection to Geoffrey Sonnabend<http://mjt.org/exhibits/delson/oblisci.html>)?

Also, does anyone know if there's any truth to this information that the recorder might contain a 4.8 microcurie radium source?
Scroll down to the Walkie-Recordall...
https://carlwillis.wordpress.com/tag/walkie-recordall/

Here's another article about the recorder, maybe of interest...
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-05/fm-mr050305.php

From junior high ('61) on, I'd tape everything---but mostly late night classical music from WFMT-Chicago---off my little zenith.
My dad had built a wonderful Heathkit stereo system with speakers but it sat in the living room.
I'd like to get this clunker up-and-running.� With the briefcase and all, I'm thinking it's perfect for spy missions.

Thanks,
Tyra Grant
University of Kansas Libraries