Thanks to Rob Hudson for reminding me that October 12 is Day of Digital Archives.

The Archives of African American Music & Culture would like to celebrate this day by publicizing newly digitized photographs from our Black Radio Collections available at IU Image Collections Online. You can now view 779 images from seven collections that feature African American deejays as well as several hundred publicity photos representing African American musicians from a wide range of musical genres (because we do not hold copyrights, image size is restricted to thumbnails). The URL is:  http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/images/splash.htm?scope=aaamc.    To browse, I recommend selecting one of the Subcollections in the "Refine Your Search" box [for example, the George Nelson Collection].

Feedback is welcome!

Brenda

Brenda Nelson-Strauss
Archives of African American Music & Culture
Indiana University
2805 E. 10th Street, Suite 180
Bloomington, IN 47408
www.blackgrooves.org