Today the DCLA Executive Board unveils a new Strategic Plan<http://www.dcla.org/Strategic_Plan2012> for our Association. In June 2012, the District of Columbia Library Association (DCLA) Board invited DCLA Past President Susan Fifer Canby (1991-1992) to lead the group in developing a two year strategic plan and setting goals for the coming year. Over the past several months, we have synthesized the notes and discussions generated from that meeting, reviewed the current DCLA handbook, and refined the drafts of our new plan.

We have set up a discussion forum<http://www.dcla.org/Members/Discussion_Forum?eid=1113993> in the members-only section of our website DCLA.org where we invites comments and reviews. You are also welcome to contact me and the DCLA Executive Board directly, or have an open discussion on the DCLA listserv.

Tonight is our annual fall Members Reception at Teaism in Penn Quarter from 6-9. It is not too late to attend if you have not yet registered. You can pay at the door. We welcome all to drop by and discuss the state of our Association and how you can get involved.

Best,
Jacqueline Protka
DCLA President (2012-13)

--
Jacqueline L. Protka
Reference Librarian & Instruction Coordinator